Friday 21 November 2014

Just a few ideas for Fringe

Just a few ideas to play around with:


I would love to do an adaptation of a children's book for kids to show at the Fringe. 
- The Enchanted Wood by Enid Blyton
- My Naughty Little Sister by Dorothy Edwards (my favourite book when I was small, loads of little stories - I'll bring it in)
- The Moomins
- The Cat in the Hat by Dr Seuss
- Private Peaceful by Michael Morpurgo (amazing, lovely story that would be great for all of us to act out or to put our own spin on it)

- The Borrowers - by Mary Norton (who remembers The Borrowers? This appeals to all ages from very young to adults very versatile show. Can be shown with very little props and staging, but could also be left open to a outside performance or in the theatre.)




I found this on YouTube of Charlottes Web using puppets:



Mr. Forgetful from the Mr Men books:



I came up with an idea not to long ago to do a show based on emotions and how they react to each other and why do some emotions last longer than others. Unfortunately Pixar have got this idea, but if you just watch the trailer I hope you get what I am trying to put into words. 


   
Another idea was three children start out by having a discussion on what game to play, but all of them can't decide on one so they come up with an idea to combine them all. For example one person whats to become a cowboy while another wants to be a police man and the other whats to become a pilot so they all decide to be what they want to be and all go into a "dream world" where they all come across others who they can communicate with and join the game/journey with them. Because it's all in the mind they can do whatever they wish to do transfer from one place to another, disappear and reappear, make things come alive, or kill each other but is this just fun and games? Do they get hurt? Can someone save them? Is this just a game or is this reality? Do they get stuck? Or can they come back in time for dinner? 

I know it's incredibly hard to understand but I hope the only way I can describe it to you is if you watch or remember when Andy from 'Toy Story' uses his toys to create a story or a situation, thats kind of how I see it. There's the opening sequence of Toy Story 3 and watch the ending that's what I'm thinking of:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAsUp7tDwhI

No comments:

Post a Comment