Monday 3 November 2014

Me and peer evaluation acting for camera and auditioning

Me and peer evaluation acting for camera and auditioning

Jordan: Jordan’s progress as an actor for TV and film audition was very interesting he showed us a varied view on how his character could and should be portrayed, and his performance of Adam from DNA was very entertaining and in contrast with his other monologues show versatility. His research on being concuss showed through his performance with slow eye movements and the use of voice that was used. The text was mined well and the techniques he used for example his slow rotating head contributed to his use of voice.

Cody: I thought that her ability to understand and learn monologue/duologue, at a fast rate to a degree where her performances look real and natural show a very professional level of skill. She had a different monologue/duologue almost every week and was able to mine the text to understand all the big questions for acting e.g who what when where why, her character objectives and super objective, what is the main goal this character is trying to achieve. Her on camera skills were good she quickly grasped where and when she needed to look places and had a clear understanding of how to act in front of a camera in contrast to theatrical acting.


Myself: I have found this unit very useful and interesting I will be able use these when I where I can, I now find it easier to analyse film and TV script and get the concept of what the director/ writers are looking to find, and how to develop my own character  from scratch using that information as raw ingredients. I found on my final performance didn’t go as well as I wanted it to go, I believe the physicality is important for me I should furthered my character in that aspect to get more of a feel for the characters personality. But I believed I was able to grab a vast understanding of how I wanted to play the character throughout what I read from the text. I did a monologue by Phil in DNA by Dennis Kelly. From my research and from what I understand Phil is a high functioning autistic school child trying to formulate a plan on the spot for his fellow school mates because one of his school mates has died in a forest, they think. I think although I grabbed the concept of what my characters objective and super objectives, I think I could work more on the physicality of my character.

No comments:

Post a Comment