Monday 22 December 2014

Evaluation for Transformers unit and Endgame.


Transformers 

During the process, I found it very slow to start and I was confused as to what idea was going to be set in stone. Also i felt there was a miss communication between the actors and production, as i didn't think either of us knew when there was a production meeting. If there was a time when we had to do the same kind of unit again, I would make sure that we all had each others emails or some way of contact, this is so we can all have and understanding of when we work with production and when there is a production meeting and where it's held. 

We finally came up with a solid idea basing the piece of a episode from the t.v show 'Black Mirror.' An episode in which there is a couple and the boyfriend sadly died, to morn the girlfriends loss, she found a kind of technology, that allows her to talk to him again and eventually see him in person again. our original idea is to keep to the story as much as possible but we found that making it into a 10 -15 minuet piece would be difficult to portray the emotion we want without making the performance longer. So we changed our take on it, instead of keeping to the story, we looked into the themes of loss and memory and using the reflection trick to give of the sense of memory. 

During the production I found it so much fun, I loved having to do show after show. I had grown to enjoy the performance and the people I worked with. I felt confident in what we were doing at this point, whereas before I was nervous as to wether the performance would give the emotions we wanted.  

If we were to do this show again, I would definitely insist on defining and perfecting the physicality of the piece and also the use of reflection. I would look into making sure both actors are not blocking each other. I would improve the physicality to possibly make every movement have a symbolic effect to it. I would have a look into the music in the performance and play around with it, to experiment on what different music gives of what emotions, I would like to see how changing the music or not having music would change what the audience take from this piece. 

Endgame

During the process of this unit I always felt confused because i struggled to understand what they were teaching me and how that helped create a show, I found it difficult learning with PowerPoint and listening to what is being said, to get past this I tried to understand during theory lessons and work harder in the practical lessons to try and link the two together. I would also make sure to ask questions to the tutors about anything I am unsure of. 

During the lessons we had, we learnt about 'the distance game' where you and your partner can do a scene but retain the same distance all the time. Doing this could create the  a state of tension. we also developed a connection in our group. we did this by doing an exercise where we would walk around and with no leader we would all clap or jump in unison. Doing this could make an actor have a sense of awareness on stage. 

I felt nervous due to the time we had to create a show, but now that the show is done, I have realised that I shouldn't put so much pressure on myself because I found that we could create a short performance with what time we had. If I was to do this performance again I would try to spend more time developing the piece and working on more physical work, such as making the dance piece longer and defining the themes behind the piece. I would also suggest using other sources for lighting and sound. when looking around the black box i noticed a couple of the lights rigged pointing down, i thought this could be a interesting way of using light, by having spotlights dotted around the stage to create a sort of prison like effect, with limited light could suggests the themes of being trapped. 

I enjoyed the day of the show, although I was annoyingly ill. I again liked the sense of rush before each performance. I also felt confident in the performance and enjoyed working with everyone. I found that on the day of the show, the atmosphere was very relaxed and easy, everyone just got on with what they needed to do. when drawing on the walls for the set, i felt that we worked so well as group, and we were comfortable in each others company. 








No comments:

Post a Comment