Monday 8 December 2014

Nagg & Nell: Extra Scenes?

Replaced/Extra Scene for Nagg & Nell: Could just do the first section,  but they do work together well also. The idea of Nell's last words being "I was trying" gives the perception that she has given up. This scene/s would be before the dream scene where there was originally Hamm and Clov's story. Any feedback would be great. 

NELL:
Can you believe it?
NAGG:
What?
NELL:
That we once went out rowing on Lake Como.
(Pause.)
One April afternoon.
NAGG:
We had got engaged the day before.
NELL:
Engaged!
NAGG:
You were in such fits that we capsized. By rights we should have been drowned.
NELL:
It was deep, deep. And you could see down to the bottom. So white. So clean.



NAGG:
Do you not want your biscuit?
(Pause.)
I'll keep it for you.
(Pause.)
I thought you were going to leave me.
NELL:
I am going to leave you.
NAGG:
Could you give me a scratch before you go?
NELL:
No.
(Pause.)
Where?
NAGG:
In the back.
NELL:
No.
(Pause.)
Rub yourself against the rim.
NAGG:
Yesterday you scratched me there.
NELL (elegiac):
Ah yesterday.
NAGG:
Could you not?
(Pause.)
Would you like me to scratch you?
(Pause.)
Are you crying again?
NELL:

I was trying.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this idea Anna, it shows the love between them both, but its so miserable and depressing! Go for it! and good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we can try to add it in and try it out tomorrow during the rehearsals. Thank you, we couldn't have done it without you and Clarie, showing us different techniques and expanding our knowledge of production, theatre and acting. I hope we have you again to teach us!!!

    ReplyDelete