Wednesday 29 April 2015

Marilyn Monroe ideas/fitting in with the show

I was thinking that it doesn't make any sense for me to come on just to sing happy birthday and say my age line if there is no link between Charlotte and I. 


  • Maybe in Cody's scene I'm in the middle of the line and I go along with the group until I die at 36 where as the others keep going to reach Cody because they are getting older. When everyone disappears Charlotte and I could have a convocation which would be based on quotes that marilyn has said just before ami comes on and says her line. 
  • Maybe Marilyn is a star and charlotte inspires to be like her?
  • Or maybe Charlotte questions why she died? And if she did live her life how she wanted to? And should it be someone that she should look up to as a role model? 
  • Or Marilyn could be charlottes guide/a thought process so the quotes that Marylin has said pops in and out and Charlotte understands and makes her own judgement on these and even questions them maybe, just a thought.
Even if this idea doesn't work I think there needs to be some link between Charlotte and I or else it doesn't make sense. If you have any ideas please leave them below!

I've found some quotes about starts to link in with the beginning of the show and also found one about shoes!!!
















2 comments:

  1. Ok re video can you use wetransfer website. I think Marilyn doesn't work logically as a story or narrative. If it works at all its like a poetic image of youth. I agree the quote needs to be identified as hers so will think about what more you can do to ground that. I think if we think too logically a lot of things won't work. We have to trust the poetry and symbols but let's discuss properly tomorrow. Have kept marilyn to minimum cos I wasn't sure how much you could do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I can do that tomorrow, Ill bring in my laptop and do it. No yes that makes sense, honest Im ok with what I am doing I think yes there should be something said that Monroe did say that and why she's is on stage but i like the idea as being a symbol of youth.

    ReplyDelete