Sunday 12 April 2015

Turning 20/worries

I have tried to write a bit about my worries about turning 20. I don't know if this is what you wanted Vanessa but I can always change it if its not.

Turning 20-

I have never really thought about turning 20 before. I’ve put it off as long as possible if I’m honest. I suppose I have only put it off because being 20 means to me that I am no longer the child I once was? Not that I’m considered as one now at 19 even though I like to think that I am. There are so many things I am worried about turning 20 such as time which is a scary thing to think about anyway as it goes so quickly but I also think it’s the step of no longer being able to get away with being a child or a wannabe Disney princess. Even though I will always find a way to being one and I’m not changing that regardless of what age I am be that 20 or 70. I always thought as a younger me (younger me being the age when you think its ‘cool’ to be older) that 1.it will be cool 2.I’ll be older 3.independent and 4.able to do whatever I want which isn’t the case. Yes you have these ‘luxuries’ but it’s not as easy as that. I think aging is one of them things where you no it’s going to happen to you but you live in denial about it, you think it will take a long time coming or in some cases it won’t even happen to you at all like you are the one exception to it like a real life Peter Pan which is never the case unfortunately. As I've grown up I have put off thinking about aging. Being a 20 year old is weird to me somehow like any older age is I just can’t imagine it. This whole aging thing has snuck up on me completely. I see being 20 as you are now an adult. I'm always going to be a child/wannabe Disney princess though and no one can change that I don’t care what age I am. 20 is just a number at the end of the day (how cliché) and just like turning any other age will be fine I’m sure. It’s just weird because the more I think about it the more I have realized 20 is the one age that I have been dreading and I genuinely think this is because of this responsible ‘adult’ name that looms over it. Everyone talks about it like you will be this adult and you must live up to it and that is some scary shoes to fill.

No comments:

Post a Comment