Thursday 27 February 2014

Auditions Monday


If you want some of the script please be ready to audition these parts in particular.

1.
Some of Jordan Grendel script


Do you think I’m ugly? Do you think I’m a monster or a metaphor? Would you prefer me to be a real monster. Or would you prefer me to be a metaphor? Do you find me ugly? Shall I be uglier? (make up on?) Now?
Do you know that I can sing? When I sliced the men open with my sharp teeth, devoured them in my cave and sipped gingerly on their blood, I sang. Shall I sing for you? Have you seen my mother? She is coming for him. In the poem she is a head in an underground water cave but in their show it is probably one of the girls. Let me sing, yes? My missing arm brings me so much pain.

2.

Battle Story

 When Grendel comes at night, Beowulf is ready. He will not use a sword or bow. In the dead of the night, No longer abandoned, the hall is filled with Beowulf’s men. Grendel, a monster blackened with rage and full of spite, thunders into the hall, piercing the atmosphere.  He grabs one of the men. Tears him apart, striping his flesh with a jaw full of dagger like teeth. slurping on the mean and tossing the bones. His name is Handsio. Blood dripping from his bloody lips Grendel looks around to continue his feast. Just then, Beowulf rises. He grabs Grendel in an iron grip around his gruesome arm and Grendel knows that this is a different enemy. He is frightened for the first time shaking and knowing this is not strength he can defeat. He knows then that he cannot escape that grip without leaving some of his monstrous self behind. He knows that the arm will be ripped and bleeding and hurting his end is near. But not near enough of full of pain. Howling in the deepest darkest moans man has heard, Grendel’s bone and muscles and joints tear. The arm rips from the shoulder in Beowulf’s hands and Grendel humiliated, escapes to the moors. Beowulf glorious, stands, monster arm in hand. Grendel, alone, one armed and defeated leaves. He will die later. Hungry, in pain and alone.

3.  Another idea

someone, Maybe one of the girls? wants to steal beowulf part. Gets made up by make up 'secretly' and barges in with a boy's voice and does some of Beowulf. See the part of the script where Beowulf meets Grendel's mother and it's all Shakespearean speech.



3 comments:


  1. Updated script on Blackboard. Year 1 unit 5 section.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gasps! I have no idea what to audition for?! :S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not to worry, these are just extra bits of script to bid for. If you can, look at the second one a little bit and try that one. Looking forward to having you back

    ReplyDelete