Monday 17 February 2014

script ideas

Ideas for intro...


Beowulf. Beowulf is a story with a hero. Beowulf is the hero. Beowulf is a man, heroes are men. This is important. We will come back to that. It is a poem, a very old poem written by anglo Saxons coming to England. An immigrant story if you will. About a man from Sweden. Coming to Denmark. Why is Beowulf a man and why are heroes men? I mean a heroine is not a hero. Not really. She might be main part but a hero does heroic things he kills dragons and fights evil and he is strong. Invariably.  Do you know Beowulf? Not the man, I mean do you know the poem? Did you study it at school? What did you think?
Who of us do you imagine should play Beowulf? You see the problem is, Beowulf is an old story about action and murder and strength and daggers. We have daggers. You will see them.
Beowulf is a hero. I said that. He doesn’t talk about his feelings. He recounts adventures and is very very strong. You will see how he defeats Grendel. Now Grendel sounds like a girl’s name but it’s not a girl. It’s a kind of monster. Vanessa cannot say monster properly. We had problems with that.
Anyway, who of us should play Beowulf? What do we know of heroes? What do you know of them? Do you know any? When I say hero who do you think of?

Actor1: me, I could play Beowulf.  I once…..
Actor2: me too. I could play Beowulf, I once….     But I’m a girl. Not sure it’s the same. Girls are not supposed to fight dragons. They are supposed to fall in love with them and turn them into princes.
Actor 3: I could play Beowulf, ……………………

Anyway to Heorot. This is the hall where our story begins. We will use a lot of the Beowulf words. We will say them like this. HEOROT and Hrothgar. It’s fun.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, I like this my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you have written this, sounds more interesting and intriguing than just one person saying it - could bring in comedy in to this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, then think about what you might say in your bid to play the hero maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok I shall try and work/think about this during this week and show you when we get back

    ReplyDelete