Sunday 2 February 2014

P.E.E Task

From the homework/task that Ria has asked me to do, I've uploaded it to here so I can keep track of what I am doing. I have done the P.E.E on Wicked as I didn't know how to the 'P.E.E' of The Jersey Boys - which I had enitionaly decided to do. I don't believe that I will be doing the essay again on Wicked but I will be trying to do it on The Jersey Boys but I would like some further help in how to point, evidence and explain.

Point:
Timothy Winters’ dad is a heavy drinker

Evidence:
‘Old Man Winters likes his beer’

Explain:
If his dad is often drunk this could explain why Timothy is neglected


Point:
Since Elphaba was born she has been pushed aside by the people in her life because she has lizard green skin. Even thou it was not her fault she was born with green skin, it makes the people around her truly believe that she is and will always be an evil, nasty witch.

Evidence:
Unfortunately this is still the matter in this day and age, if someone is different people think that they are ‘not one of us’ or ‘normal’. To me this is absolutely disgusting, as it would never cross my mind to think about someone in this way. Even when I was growing up, I used to read stories or watch movies about a beautiful princess looking for her prince charming with a witch or a monster who tries to stop this happy ending.

Explain:

I believe that Wicked has changed the way we think and has made a big difference to children who come and see it, to come out of watching it and feeling that everyone is the same, no one is different and to not judge a book by it’s cover. In the story Elphaba also shows that it is ok to stand up for what you believe and to do good.

No comments:

Post a Comment