Thursday 8 January 2015

Aging inspiration-videos and songs

Aging inspiration!-

This is a link to the group I was telling you about The Zimmers. They are basically a group of ‘old’ people who love to sing and went on Britain’s got talent to prove that age doesn’t matter. If you guys do watch the videos make sure to watch the first one on the playlist and the second. The first is honestly brilliant and has a nice twist to it!. Enjoy watching.


I know this isn’t in the category of ‘old’ but I thought it was inspirational in a way and is a really good example of stereotypes so like the ‘old’ stereotypical quotes we were talking about today. I found this so interesting and would love to see if we could do this for the negative quotes about older people.

Songs-

I was randomly listening to this song called Mountains by Lucy Spraggan and thought it would be nice for our piece maybe. I just like the story telling nature of it about the old woman I think it links nicely to grandparents and advice they give.


Also here is a link to Tea and Toast by Lucy Spraggan which me and Cody have been going on about all week for anyone who hasn’t heard it. I’ve put the proper recorded version of the song and the live one as well as I like the story telling in the live one but I know if we used it in the show we would use the proper recorded one which still contains the storytelling element I think it’s just about seeing the person connecting with the story while performing which I like. Saying that the video in the proper one is lovely to watch because of the memory aspect to it. Anyways that doesn’t matter so enjoy.



Side note Vanessa I found an app for the selfie experiment. It’s called PhotoChron and it keeps all your photos in one place and lets you set reminders to remind you to take them every day.

2 comments:

  1. thanks charlotte. ok will start with the selfless tomorrow. dreading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi vanessa, really interesting ideas and lots of inspirations for props and setting scenes. I would love to share my ideas and images with you all, but I'm not sure how to join the discussion and post anything here. Could we maybe meet up to get some help on media sharing please? Sammy from Props :)

    ReplyDelete