Monday 5 January 2015

Extention-My attempt at an age poster

Firstly please excuse my attempt at being 'arty' but this was my idea for the poster extension task. I have included some themes that stood out to me most from today's lesson when we started thinking about the show. These words consist of-repetition, friendship, trapped, mind over matter. For these words I wanted to add pictures which where small but significant such as I started doing with the word 'friendship' I have written the F in the way it is on Facebook and dotted the I with a twitter bird. I did this because I think it relates to the idea of change so younger people use social media to communicate now whereas grandparents would have written letters to stay in contact with friends. I have also started drawing or attempting to draw a clock in amongst the words which instead of filling it with the usual numbers I was going to use words such as Life etc but I then went to fill it with the quote "Some people are old at 18 and some are young at 90 time is a concept that humans created" which I thought was really interesting. I was also going to draw hands of a clock but didn't no how to incorporate them so thought against that. The handwriting is quite obviously handwritten and all over the place which I think links to some of the themes of aging as well. I've also found some pictures of other quotes I quite liked and which made me think about the process of aging and the thoughts people have around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment