Friday 24 January 2014

20th-23rd January 2014-Ideas from this week

20th-23rd January 2014-Ideas from this week

On Wednesday we played around with some ideas. We first found ways of walking and using the space in different ways to different types of music. This we then used one of our movements and made it into a sort of army march walking to ‘Beowulf’. I really liked this. We also learnt a Bollywood dance that worked nicely for a battle scene. We also tried improvising a piece sitting in a line on chairs and everyone being different characters. This was fun and I thought it was really interesting what we came up with such as the repetition of lines, asking questions from different perspectives such as a random person from the outside, I also liked linking in different personal story’s to this it was really interesting and worked nicely.
I looked at some copoeira (which was some feedback we got from the second years-to look into it) and I think it would work well in the piece for a fight scene like suggested by the second years.

I think it would fit in well with the tribal feel and maybe some people could stand around the ‘fight’ and make a beat?.

I also had a look at some dragon makeup as I really like the idea of making a dragon from different parts. I love these makeup ideas or something like this making more scales and stuff and having it on arms etc. I thought it was really magical. The best dragon makeup I found was from Chinese makeup tutorials (which the pink image is from) it’s more mystical and looks really good in my opinion.
 
 
The king and queen
We started looking and developing ideas for the king and queen characters. There were many funny and serious ideas that worked so well. My personal favourites where using finger puppets, using puppetry and I liked the idea of having the king and queen combined somehow which adds comedy. I have been thinking about all the ideas and thought that we could maybe use the puppetry method but then have someone butt in and be like “no that’s not right/ that’s not how it happened” (that has been suggested before) or something but then maybe cut the ‘strings’ of the puppet or puppets so setting them free and then moving on to a different tent or whatever and then telling the bit they just done in a different way taking the ‘puppet’ with him or her. I don’t know if this would work but I think it would be fun to do and try?. We also looked at the Mead hall part of the story which we all went for very different and very powerful rhythmic scenes with lots of different characters which worked really nicely. I love all the ideas we've had this week and after this week I think we have found that a comedic dark theme would work really well with this piece (even though we had an inkling before hand).

No comments:

Post a Comment