Sunday 19 January 2014

Incorporating Music - African, Buddhism, Chanting - Ideas

I was just looking for some ideas and creating some tempos on Garage Band and came across this video, its a great video full of short bursts of music made up of different tempos, rhythms and instruments. When you listen to it, the music gives off a happy, upbeat feel to it (conveys emotion), it would be a great idea to maybe make a piece of music ourselves and recored it or play live during the show. The recored parts can be played as a reprise if we were in the theatre and we could play live music outside and lead the audience in with the sound of music. We could even give them instruments to play with us to get them more interacted with the story. This type of music would be great for people to tell old folk stories and their personal stories (Jordan - man and fire, Jakko - music festive, or other personal stories we come to think of). When you listen to certain types of music it seems to transport you to a different world, where you feel relaxed, clam and tranquil. 

Ive been lucky enough to go to Africa and see the animals in the safari parks and this music takes me back, I can feel the heat of the sun, the light wind that brushes against the trees and bushes and I see the animals running around in their natural habitat. Ive got a few things that Ive brought back from their like a Massi shield, wooded statues, vases and I believe a drum of some sort. If you would like me to bring in any of these Im very happy to do that.


Ive also been incredibly lucky to have traveled to some of the most amazing, breath taking places on earth and thought my journeys Ive always taken something back Ive learnt which has made me a better person. My family and I like to listen to the Buddhaa Bar Collections which are C.D's filled with chilled back, traditional music from around the globe and I wondered this would be a great background music to Shivvys Ganesha story, Im very happy to bring them in and I have several Ganesha statues as well as Buddhas as Im a very huge fan of the Buddhism way of thinking and being (even thou Im not Buddhist). Whenever I listen to music or just lounge around the house generally put on a incense sticks, which come in a wide range of smells and I thought this would be great to smell while listening to a story about a folk story from around the globe (another country). 

Buddhism folk stories: Which tell about good manners, seduction, determination, fearlessness and more:


Buddhist sounds, temple bells, monks
chanting, praying








No comments:

Post a Comment