Friday 31 January 2014

Charlotte's and Mine's song

(Version 1 - Incorporating jokes/comedy to the song)

A: Once apon a time, not so long ago
In a far away distant land
Surrounded by woodland,
There lived boy,
B: His name was Beowulf
A very sweet little boy,
But he had to grow up quickly,
His plans were changed,
The king sent him off,
To defend the land
B: From the ogar, Grendel
A: He came back so brave and so strong
He was the one who took care of us all   

Both: Why do you have to go
Why do you have to leave
I know you'll be safe, but I want you here with me 

A: There was a mean green ogar, 
Called Grendel,
He 
B: No that was skerk
A: There was an ogar and he slayed them all
He got jewels and money for his deeds
And he became leader of them all

A: Some 50 years later,
B: 50?!
A: Our tell comes to an end
B: Finally!
A: Just leave!
B: But don't wanna go, I wanna know what happens!
A: Where were we, ah yes
While slashing this dragon
It didn't go so well,
He was hanging off a metal chain and had to cut his arm off
B: Wait that doesn't rhythm
A: He fell, by the dragon by his side and they crashed into the ground and non of them survive,
B: Well that's a bummer, I shall tell you a joke instead;
Two dragons walk into a bar... and on says, "It's hot in here", and the other dragon says, "Shut your mouth"

Songs that have inspired me to write version 2:

  • Jack - Pixie Lott (Based on the nursery rhythm "Jack and Jill")
  • Go the Distance - Michael Bolton
  • I wish I was James Bond - Scouting For Girls
  • Living for the City - Stevie Wonder

It would be amazing to try and incorporate this into our show, in someway. Using music to tell a story but using comedy in it!


(Version 2 - Incorporating jokes/comedy/the story of Beowulf)


A: Once upon a time, not so long ago
In a far away distant land
Surrounded by woodland,
There lived boy.
B: His name was Beowulf. Oh what do you call a bear with no teeth? A gummy bear!
A: A very sweet little boy,
But he had to grow up quickly,
His plans were changed,
The king sent him off,
To defend the land
He came back so brave and so strong
He was the one who took care of us all

A: Beowulf had boasted,
About what he had achieved,
During the night Grendel came.
B: He’s a tall green ogar!
Both: No, that’s Shrek
B: What colour was he then?
A: It doesn’t matter
B: All together now, was he red? Was he Orange? Was he yellow? Was he…
A: HE WAS NO MATCH FOR BEOWULF!
BEOWULF FIGHTS HIM AND THE MOSTER SADLY DIES!
B: Oh, that’s sad…. Did I mention there was a severed arm? It was hung in the Mead-Hall as a reminded of the victory!
A: There was a feast in his honor,
With lots of food and drink,
And they all danced the night away.
Cheering and laughing,
B: That’s because they were all drunk!
A: But this was soon to end.
B: Oh?
A: Grendel’s mother wanted revenge,
So she killed Aeschere,
B: Hrogthar’s most trusted adviser.
A: But Beowulf was smart,
He dived into the swamp and killed her own sword,
B: He cuts off Grendel’s head and gives it to Hrothgar.


A: Beowulf’s fame and fortune grew,
 As people heard of his good deeds.
He heads back to his hometown of Geatland,
Where he ascends the throne.
Some 50 years later.
B: 50?!
A: Will you stop interrupting me? You’re putting me off!
B: I’ll just go then.
A: That would be a good idea!
B: But I don’t wanna go. If I’m silent can I say a joke at the end?
A: Fine, hold on where was I? Ah yes
A: When Beowulf is an old man,
A dragon emerges from the ground,
Intending to kill the people of the Geats.
In a deal of courage,
B: You mean people are pushing him to do it
A: Beowulf goes to fight the dragon,
He defeats him.
B: But at a cost!
A: Beowulf sadly but horrically dies along with the dragon
B: While losing his arm!
A: He is laid to rest,
At the top of the hill,
Overlooking the ocean and the horisan.
B: Which is what he ordered!
A: This is not a sad story,
B: Nor a happy one,
Both: But you can make up your mind,
On what you think it is,
But there’s no need to worry,
Because……
This story isn’t real!

B: I’ve got just the thing to cheer you all up before you go:
Right, are you ready?
Two dragons walk into a bar and one says “It’s hot in here” and the other dragon says “Shut your mouth”
Haha get it?!



I wrote this song the other night, I didn't have anything specific in mind when I wrote this, but I can change some of it to relate it to the story of Beowulf.


(Love) Drug - Song - (Addiction)

(Verse 1)
There's something inside of me that I can't let go of,
But at the same time there's something inside of me that I need to release,
It's haunting me,
Wrecking me,
Intoxicating me,
Trying to capture the light that's in my soul,

(Chorus)
I don't wanna feel like this,
There's nothing to make it stop,
My life has been turned around and tipped upside down,
By what you have done,
I don't want it, I need it,
It's some kind of drug,
The only reason to explain this is,
Your love, your love is my drug,

(Verse 2)
There's a light inside of me, that can't be set free,
A light that can only be seen, in front of you,
Just like a puppet, you pull me in every direction,
Bowing to your every need,
Oblivious to what I feel,
To what I need,
I don't think I can take this any more,

(Chorus)

(Bridge)
Enough is enough,
I can't take this,
I've never felt this way before,
You've used me,
Abused me,
And manipulated me,
Now I stand up for I believe in,
My feelings have been pushed aside,
You've made me loose track of who I am,
You've had your way, now let me have mine,

(Chorus)



Chorus idea:

I don't wanna feel like this,
There's nothing I can do to make it stop,
My vision is cloudy,
My judgement is hazy,
And my body feels like its on fire,
I know, I don't want it, but I know, I need it,

It must be some sort of an addiction, The addiction of you,

No comments:

Post a Comment